Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vmware view client not connecting for home users

Vmware view 5 client and Norton internet security

I had a few users who had difficulty connecting to vmware view from their home pc. They were running windows 7, and after it installed they could launch the client, then they could type in their username and RSA passcode, and then after hitting connect the vmware view client would just disappear. After digging around I suspected that Norton internet security was getting in the way. Instead of poking the appropriate hole, I just disabled it first, and after successfully connecting to vmware view, I decided to uninstall the program. I typical use the free Microsoft security essentials which did properly allow view to connect. I don’t see any kb’s out there yet that reference this as an issue, and I am sure someone can find the correct hole to poke to make it work, however to me it looked like it was setup properly and allowing vmware view access yet it wasn’t working.

No comments:

Post a Comment